Sunday, January 8, 2012

Extreme weather changes doing irreparable damage to environment, but even more importantly, Kate Middleton turning 30!!!

So, I get online this morning to check out the news. First thing I see staring in my face is an article on the hot weather we are seeing here in America, or as most of the people I know would call it, 'the only place that matters in the world'. The headline reads:

'Record Heat Floods America With Temperatures 40 Degrees Above Normal'


http://thinkprogress.org/green/2012/01/06/399386/record-heat-floods-america-with-temperatures-40-degrees-above-normal/

I read it and I can't say I am horrified because I read about this stuff everyday. The thing that is most tragic is that it is only now that I am seeing something about this and this is only on thinkprogress, a somewhat 'progressive' newsite. I did a google on this particular topic and got nada. I watched 'Today' on NBC this morning and I learned a lot, like how much weight Jennifer Hudson lost, Kate Middleton is turning 30, Beyonce and Jay-Z had a baby and a slew of new spokespeople for weight loss systems. Stunning stuff. This is morning news. Then we wonder why we are screwed up as a culture. Someone will watch this and then feel as if they actually watched the 'news'...at least Entertainment Tonight and Extra advertise as 'entertainment news'...'Today' says it is news, but is anything but that. I think we have ALWAYS had really bad journalism when it comes to the mainstream, but it is so bad now that sometimes I wonder if editors aren't sitting around a big ass table, getting high and just trying to disseminate as much bad stuff as possible to see what people will actually watch. Amazing.

FP

No comments:

Post a Comment